Duties of a Mechanical Draftsman
Mechanical draftsman use their knowledge of Solidworks, materials, tolerance stack analysis and mechanics to document new products supporting a variety of machine vision applications. Beyond that common thread, a mechanical draftman’s responsibilities can change from day to day and from job to job. Integro’s mechanical draftmen document complex electromechanical components, assembly, and countless other duties – your workload will vary accordingly.
- Document quality, engineered solutions that meet customer’s needs, meet or beat budget constraints, and allow for efficient manufacture.
- Maintain awareness and control of project quality, and schedule to ensure on time delivery of the project within budget.
- Report to management all findings on jobs that would affect costs, schedules, employees or customers.
- Drawing reviews, design schedule and design planning on a regular basis.
- Document design reviews and meetings held with the customer. Participate in design reviews as required and requested by Design engineers.
- Assist in assuring that customer commitments are met.
- Where required, conduct research and development activities concerned with integration and testing of electronic and mechanical components, products and systems and in development of applications for commercial and industrial use.
- Apply mechanical theory, mechanical testing procedures and related knowledge to build, test, troubleshoot, repair and modify machine vision applications.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Associates Degree in Engineering, Drafting, or related field.
- Two years related engineering or technician experience.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use SolidWorks, DraftSight, Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Employee healthcare coverage
- 401k Plan
- Paid vacation time plus company holidays
- Traditional 8:00 to 5:00 Monday to Friday workweek
Please submit resume and cover letter to HR@integro-tech.com
Integro Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Integro Technologies is a drug-free workplace.
Veteran Commitment INTEGRO Technologies Corporation commits to hiring returning veterans.