- Thorough understanding of factory automation technology and equipment. Design mechanical systems for automation or control of manufacturing equipment.
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Maintain awareness and control of project cost, quality, scope, and schedule to ensure on-time delivery of the project within budget.
- Be familiar with computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software such as Solid Works and Draft Sight to develop designs.
- Be familiar with all applicable mechanical codes associated with the design and fabrication of the equipment.
- Prepare reports based on findings and present reports to peers and management.
- Document design reviews and meetings held with the customer. Participate in design reviews as required and requested by Project Manager.
- Represent Integro at meetings with customers as needed.
- Perform preliminary engineering based on customer requests.
- Review project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problems, and possible solutions, such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts, or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
- Handle changes and problems related to product assigned.
- When directed, supervise or coordinate the work of designers and other technical support personnel.
- Act as technical expert for internal and external customers.
- Provide technical support to the fabrication shop.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Work as a member of a design team, cooperating with Integro’s management in an effective manner to perform engineering work of a high quality, with no errors.
- Work in a productive manner. While on company time, do not conduct personal business or business not related to Integro’s primary business, unless specifically approved by the supervisor.
- Take care to produce work, which is right the first time.
- Be aware of budget and schedule constraints on all work executed for Integro. Make every effort to complete assignment on time and on schedule.
- Travel to customers’ factories or offices and remain overnight when required to support engineering, design, and installation of projects, as required.
- Prepare and submit reports when required to inform management of status of project work.
- Maintain and continually improve technical and professional abilities described above and required to perform assigned tasks.
- Maintain and continually improve an understanding of the current state of factory automation technology.
- Never say or imply anything to a vendor or a customer, which could commit Integro to supply services or products or to purchase services or products.
- Never discuss project cost, project invoicing, contract status, changes in the Scope of Supply of work with any customer, vendor, or other person not associated with Integro.
- Avoid any discussion concerning customers, projects, contracts, finances, costs, or proposals with persons not associated with Integro.
- Avoid any discussion concerning personal behavior or circumstances of customers, other INTEGRO employees, or vendors with persons not associated with Integro.
- Promptly inform Integro management of any change in customer status or any information on customer business, which may affect Integro’s relationship with the customer or with work in progress.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related fields or Associate of Science Degree in Engineering, Drafting, or related field.
- Two years related engineering or technician experience.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use SolidWorks, DraftSight, Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel, as many are classified.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Sharon Baker at email@example.com.