Electrical Design Engineers are responsible for developing customized electrical panel designs for turnkey Machine Vision inspection cells with supplemental technology (Robotics, Servos, Stepper, Lasers, RFID, ID) in a wide variety of industries for Fortune 500 companies. Designer will need to utilize electrical and mechanical knowledge. The Designer must have exposure to industrial electrical components and AC and DC wiring procedures.
Electrical Design Engineers report directly to their assigned Department Manager or supervisor.
- Application of 3D & 2D modeling software
- Knowledge of fundamental electrical engineering concepts and practices
- Ability to follow documented company procedures
- Effectively communicate thoughts and ideas in a small group settings
- Read / understand print specifications to ensure proper wiring of electrical components
- Ability to use measurement tools to verify that components meet print specifications
- Organizational skills
- Use of MS Office Software
Prerequisite Skills and Characteristics
- BS or Associates degree preferred, or 2+ years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
- SolidWorks, AutoCAD Electrical, MicroStation or other CAD Schematic Packages.
- SolidWorks Electrical preferred
- Basic-moderate electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to successfully handle multiple projects
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Panel Layout and /or Panel Wiring experience
- NEC Codes and Safety Practices a plus
- Maintenance / Preventive Maintenance experience
- International Electrical and Safety Standards and Regulations
- UL Certification a plus
- Commercial awareness
- Maintain strong line of communication with all team members within assigned areas of responsibility.
- Commitment to stay abreast and knowledgeable of new and relevant technologies.
- 1% travel, domestic & international opportunities