Essential duties of the Receiving/Shipping/Inventory Associate are to verify shipment documents, determine shipping priorities, assigning shipments to proper staff, following receiving/ shipping/inventory procedures, supervise loading and unloading operations, and updating records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Receive incoming shipments from suppliers and customers
- Alert Vision Systems Architect that Customer Samples have arrived
- Unpack and examine incoming product for packing list (Amount, PO No, and Damage)
- Work with Purchasing on any receiving issues
- Receives product into correct inventory location
- Maintain and file packing list by Supplier/Customer
- Prepare items and systems for shipment to customers
- Contact & schedule proper trucking company for pickups
- Maintain shipping records including Packing Lists
- Kit projects as required by using a pick ticket
- Maintain customer sample stockroom
- Perform cycle counts weekly
- Perform physical inventory (as required)
- Maintain stockroom organization and cleanliness
Education / Licensing Requirements
- Driver’s license required along with good driving record
Prerequisite Skills and Characteristics
- The ability to work with co-workers, customers, and vendors in a courteous and tactful manner to resolve problems
- The ability to concentrate, handle pressure, meet deadlines, and pay attention to detail
- Good verbal and communication skills required
- A motivated, self-starter with the ability to follow directions and complete assignments with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects
- Maintain professional appearance/demeanor and a positive attitude under stress
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
A 40-hour work week is expected, with additional overtime hours required based on workload. This position requires some standing, sitting, bending, twisting, squatting, stooping, climbing, and reaching overhead. It requires manual dexterity, and normal range of hearing and vision.
Typical Mental Demands
Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action given the situation. Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure.
Works in a shop setting. The area is temperature controlled. Noise levels vary depending on equipment being assembling but can be loud at times. Minimal travel required, less than 25%.
Steel toed boots/shoes required and furnished.
Reporting and Supervision
Will report directly to Finance Manager
- Must be able to lift 50-70lbs
- Operate forklift, use hand trucks, pallet jack to perform duties