Sidewinder Label Rewind Inspection Table
The SideWinder Label Inspection System is designed to perform 100% verification of printed text and graphics at high speeds. Our base package provides the ultimate in label rewind technology and surpasses the competition in every performance category.
- Label and Print Quality
- Graphical Identification
This base system may be upgraded with any of the other SideWinder product configurations. The SideWinder offers a variety of inspection groups that may be applied in any combination with a default of 10 vision tools per given inspection group. The system has been developed with proven Cognex vision technology.
Sidewinder System Highlights:
- Automatic web reversal upon detection of failed inspection
- Sets the point for removal by operator
- Uniform rewind of label reels
- Self-tensioning system in forward and reverse
- Automatic and manual operation modes
- Accurate label counting and tracking
- Splice detection and tracking
- Air cores capable of gripping plastic and paper
- Small dimensions (42” X 40”)
- Optical Character Verification (OCV)
- Recognizes multiple ID codes: 1D Barcode, Data Matrix (2D Barcode), PDF417 Symbology
- Print Quality Inspection (PQI)
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR)The system can inspect text printed with virtually any printing technology and black or white text on various colored backgrounds. The web width may range from 12.7mm (0.5”) to 178mm (7.0”). Label length can range from 12.7mm (0.5”) to 406.4mm (16.0”)
Inspection Examples & Combinations:
The SideWinder Label System is designed to rewind and/or verify printed text and graphics on labels at high production speeds. The SideWinder Base package provides easy to load servo driven air core spindles and offers truly reversible label rewind direction. The SideWinder offers a variety of inspection groups that may be applied in any combination. The system can inspect text printed with virtually any printing technology and can inspect black or white text on various colored backgrounds. The web width may range from 12.7mm (0.5”) to 178mm (7.0”). Maximum individual label length is 508mm (20”). The base package provides the ultimate in label rewind technology that beats the competition in every performance category. The system provides reliable label counts at very high speeds without the risk of web breakage during start- up or end of roll conditions. The system is truly reversible and maintains tension in either direction. The servo driven air chucks are standard and provide a firm grasp on any core. This base system may be upgraded to any of the other SideWinder product configurations.
SideWinder System Configurations:
- OCV/R – The Optical Character Verification/Recognition package provides the ability to locate, verify/read up to twenty (20) individual text strings per label. ID
- The identification package provides the ability to locate, verify and score up to twenty (20) individual 1D, 2D, DataMatrix, QR Codes, PDF 417. PQI
- The Print Quality Inspection (“Golden Template Comparison”) package provides the ability to locate and complete inspections of large quantities of text where a missing ingredient can cause a lawsuit or total product recall. LX
- The deluxe package provides the OCV/OCR, ID, and PQI packages in one software suite. Each label may be inspected for up to ten (10) OCV/OCR, ID, and PQI tools per label at production rates exceeding 500 parts per minute. The max number of tools per group can be defined by customer prior to deployment.
See other systems, like the Omniview here.