Integro’s Vision Systems Architect (VSA) is a member of the vision systems solutions team. The solutions team provides pre-sales qualification and specification bridging to post-sales engineering activity. The VSA participates in the application analysis and architecture specification of unique system opportunities presented to Integro for potential implementation and collaborates with sales and engineering teams.
As part of the process, the VSA helps evaluate diverse components and software options to demonstrate and report on the degree of feasibility anticipated for the technological implementation of defined imaging and analysis tasks within a specific automation environment. The solutions team is responsible for defining the imaging, software, and general mechatronic architecture of the system, and developing a system Functional Specification which subsequently will be used in the design and integration of the final system for delivery to a customer.
The VSA will work with imaging components including optics, illumination, cameras, imaging systems, robots, motion systems, and more, and, will develop preliminary code and configure imaging software and libraries to validate vision system capability. The work will be primarily in Integro’s vision lab but will also include on-site presence.
The Vision Systems Architect position at Integro is targeted for candidates with mid- to high-level expertise in machine vision/computer vision in an industrial setting. Those with mid-level experience will benefit from expert ongoing training and mentoring in machine vision and related automation technologies.
The Vision Systems Architect reports directly to the Principal Vision Systems Architect.
- Analysis of complex, cutting-edge application opportunities utilizing machine vision, robotics, and industrial automation systems, driven by customer inquiry and targeted commercial partnerships
- Test and develop potential imaging solutions utilizing diverse components including 2D and 3D imaging systems, advanced illumination, optics, spectral imaging systems, robots and motion systems
- Develop software to support proof of concept for proposed system architectures
- Prepare detailed technical imaging evaluation and functional specification reports and documents
- Interface with sales, application engineering, design, and controls teams and with customer representatives as needed
- Learn, develop, and grow your career in machine vision and systems integration
Skills, capabilities, and experience – mid-level candidate
- Knowledge of machine/computer vision technologies and concepts
- Familiar with fundamental engineering concepts and practices
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical drawings
- Advanced computer skills and use of office software applications
- Skilled in hands on trouble shooting
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates critical thinking and complex problem solving
- Enjoys learning
- Works well in a team environment as well as independently
- Degree (BS, MS) in an engineering discipline or computer science desired
- Able to program in C++, C#, VB.Net, Python, or other high-level language
Additional skills, capabilities, and experience – high-level candidate
- Experience and competency with components and software commonly used in industrial machine vision including Cognex (InSight/Vision Pro), Keyence, SICK, Matrox MIL, MVTec Halcon, and others
- Advanced knowledge in the implementation of digital industrial cameras and optics (color/grayscale, area, line-scan, non-visible, hyperspectral), specialized lighting for imaging optimization, standard and specialized optics, 3D imaging systems (laser profilometry, structured light, photometric)
- Familiar with automation systems and mechanical/electrical components
- Capable in the specification, programming, and implementation of robotics for vision guided robotic applications
- 10+ years of background designing and/or working with machine vision systems
- A3 Certified Vision Professional Basic or Advanced certification desired
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline preferred or relevant equivalent experience
About Integro Technologies
Integro Technologies is a systems integration firm specializing in the design, implementation, and installation of complex machine vision solutions for a wide variety of automation applications including feature/assembly inspection, metrology and gauging, and robotic guidance. Integro works with a broad range of cutting-edge technologies which enable smart manufacturing in the context of Industry 4.0 including 2D and 3D imaging systems and software including the application of both analytical and deep learning tools. Integro delivers machine vision systems both domestically and internationally primarily for Fortune 500 companies.