- Carbon filter trays are delivered to the system and imaged to determine part location
- A high-speed Yamaha Robotics gantry system then positions a Domino inkjet print head to print on each individual part identified in the given tray
- Upon completion of printing on the individual parts present in the tray, the Cartesian robot positions a camera over each part to inspect the printed text for quality and legibility
- If a part is determined to be a failure, the operator will be alerted from the custom human machine interface (HMI) and stack light assembly
Features of this application:
- User interface that includes statistical data display of inspection results with part images and pass/fail criteria which allows for modification of tolerances.
- Power roller conveyers progress the trays through the system without damaging them.
- Cartesian robot (x, y, and z axis) allows the ink jet print head and camera to be at the correct locations with different part height range.
- The labeler machine enables the end user to print full trays at high speed, while also providing a detailed inspection of the print quality.
- The ink jet printing process consumed 30 minutes process time. This solution allows the process to be completed in 30 seconds with a higher level of precision.